Why Sea Moss?
One of The World's most diverse SUPER FOOD'S
Sea Moss, a type of algae (gracilaria), also known as Irish moss, is a mucilaginous food, which mucus-like texture (sticky, thick like okra or aloe) can be a great remedy for irritation. This gel like substance is water soluble, so sea moss can tend to act like a soluble fiber. Remember: soluble fibers dissolve in water and become a soft-gel that keeps you full and helps stool move through the GI tract. Sea moss is also a prebiotic, which is a type of dietary fiber that's like food for probiotics (healthy bacteria in your gut) and, helps further support digestion.
Irish moss contains 92 of 102 essential minerals for the human body and has been used for healing applications and historically at times, as sustenance in places like the Caribbean and Ireland, for thousands of years! It is an excellent source of bioavailable iodine, minerals, protein and potassium chloride, a nutrient which helps to dissolve inflammation and phlegm in the mucus membranes, making it ideal for respiratory issues. Some other key elements in sea moss include sulphur compounds, bromine, beta-carotene, calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, selenium, zinc, pectin, Vitamins C, B, B12, K and A.
This moss is ideal for healthy skin, hair and nails. The B vitamin and mineral compounds encourage the body to produce healthy amounts of collagen, which plumps the skin, smooths out wrinkles, increases hair and nail growth, tones skin and fights the signs of aging. Its iodine content is great for balance in the thyroid, hormones and reduces inflammation in the body, including inflamed joints.
This natural, organic , and wildcrafted super food's mineral and vitamin compounds act as antimicrobial and antiviral agents, helping to boost immunity and remove infections from the body. It detoxifies the body of heavy metals, pollutants, carcinogens, radiation and free radicals . Sea moss also inhibits the growth of pathogenic viruses, yeast and bacteria in the body and on the skin.
- 92 essential minerals - multiple organ function support
- Boosts immunity
- Detoxifies the body - internal cleanser, helps with constipation/colon buildup. Cleanses/Removes toxins, mucoidal plaque, free radicals, heavy metals and radiation from the body.
- Antimicrobial & antiviral - can be used topically on rashes , acne, or irritated skin including minor cuts and burns
- Excellent source of calcium & protein- building blocks for healthy bones. A great daily regiment add-in for "plant based" people in small amounts.
- Vitamins C, B, B12, K and A
- Produces collagen- anti-aging properties
- Ideal for healthy skin, hair and nails
- Supports healthy brain function- B & K vitamins are imperative for a healthy brain
- Great for thyroid balance - Bioavailable iodine compounds can help balance hormones and increase the function of the thyroid.
- Respiratory Health - sea moss contains potassium chloride, a nutrient which helps to dissolve inflammation and phlegm in the mucus membranes, making it ideal for respiratory issues like colds and flus.
- Sea moss has been known to increase libido, support fertility, and healthy milk supply in woman. ( please contact your holistic pregnancy care practitioner before taking sea moss while pregnant or breastfeeding.)
- Sea moss has been used in a plant based formula recipe with coconut milk for babies that cannot breast feed.
- loaded with key minerals such as folate, which is essential for prenatal health and development.
- Helps balance metabolism and maintain a healthy weight.
- Stomach and digestive support
- Electrifies the cells and ENERGIZES the body
and many more!
When taking herbs, it is important to listen to your body but also to give yourself enough time and space to feel a difference in your new regiment or lifestyle! Healing in whatever way takes time!
We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before using herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing, or on any medications.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.